Dear Liam,
This month is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. I'm doing a daily challenge called "Capture Your Grief." I'm doing this in memory of you and your sister, and so that people will always remember that I have 3 children, not 1. I'll never let them forget that! Today's topic was sunrise. I couldn't get a picture of the sunrise from our house, so I took a picture of your special little place in the light from the sunrise. The sunrise signifies new beginnings, no matter how gray and dreary they may seem, the sun always takes over and shines with all its might to make the day beautiful. You are our new beginning. This beginning is certainly far different than anything daddy and I ever wanted, and though we wish with all we have that we could go back and not start all over, we must. That will never mean we don't love you and miss you with all our hearts, it simply means that you have had an amazing impact on our lives through your own. You are our guiding light, you keep us walking the right path because we know that we will see you again someday. I don't know when that day will be, but I do know that when the sun rises in the morning, I will take each day as another opportunity to make you and Miracle proud. I'll imagine you pointing down at us and showing God himself what we can do through the power of our love for you. He already knows this, for he has chosen us to walk this path. He knows the strength we have, better than even we do. On days when I think I cannot bear this pain, I remember that I am stronger than I think and that through my love for you, Miracle, and Ville, that strength can only grow. Enjoy the sunrise from Heaven, sweet prince, and remember that one day I will hold you and Miracle on my lap and we will watch the sunrise together. <3
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment